Most Active Stories
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Locals Rally, Marry After SCOTUS Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
Spanish Immersion Preschool Class Opens This Month
Young minds adapt to new languages fairly easily and the Hixson United Methodist Child Development Center is opening a preschool class with Spanish immersion offered for ages 3 to 5.
The Child Development Center is offering a pilot program for one classroom with 8 students to experience total immersion in Spanish. The teacher is a native Spanish speaker and will develop vocabulary and language skills purely in Spanish. The children will be provided with the same instruction as English speaking classes designed to prepare the children for kindergarten. The Spanish immersion class will be available Monday through Thursday from 9 am to noon. Call 423-877-0554 for more details.