Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Spectrum 2012: Black Tie at the Hunter Museum of American Art
Spectrum 2012 offers a chance to support the Hunter Museum through a fine art auction.
The Hunter Museum of American Art has collected and displayed art from colonial America to the present. Since 1973 volunteers at the Hunter Museum have been hosting Spectrum, a black tie gala that offers an evening of dining and a chance to bid on pieces of art collected from all across the country.
- Preview Party – Friday, Nov. 2: The preview party features a reception and a viewing of the auction items with the chief curator of the Hunter and the art selection committee. Tickets are $30 per person. Reservations available or purchase tickets at the door.
- Spectrum Brunch – Sunday, Nov. 4: Now in its second year, the Spectrum brunch offers the opportunity to view items in the live and silent auctions. Tickets are $15 per person. Reservations are required.
- Curator’s Lunch – Wednesday, Nov. 7: This new event features a boxed lunch and an informative viewing of the auction items with Hunter Chief Curator Ellen Simak. Tickets are $12 per person and can be purchased in advance or at the door.
- Spectrum Live Auction and Gala – Saturday, Nov. 10: Tickets for the Live Auction and Gala are sold out. The Spectrum exhibit will be open to the public during regular museum hours from November 3 until November 10. Sealed bids will be accepted until close of business November 10th.
For more information and prices, call 423-267-0968.