Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
Stuck On The Tarmac, Passengers Break Into Song
Originally published on Thu June 13, 2013 5:53 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. A flight from Las Vegas to Phoenix this week was delayed and delayed, passengers stuck on the tarmac for four hours without air conditioning or water in 108-degree heat. A YouTube post said some passengers got sick, but, quote, to "avoid a mutiny," others joined together in song: R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly."
UNIDENTIFIED GROUP: (Singing) I believe I can fly.
MONTAGNE: Eventually they did fly, on their second plane. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.