Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
Student Veteran's Organization Hosting 5K Run
The Student Veteran's Organization at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is raising funds for a Veteran's Scholarship Fund by hosting a 5 k run and 1 mile walk on Veteran's Day.
All proceeds will go to the Sergeant David "Alex" Stephens UTC Memorial Scholarship Fund. The 5k run starts at 2:30 on Sunday, November 11, 2012. Pre-registration for the run and the walk is available online at ImAthlete. Race day registration opens at 1:00 PM at the McKenzie Arena.
5k - $15 for college students, veterans, and civil servants; $25 for all other 5k runners
1 mile walk - $12