Most Active Stories
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Students Educating Students About Infant Mortality
By Monessa Guilfoil
Chattanooga, TN – T.J. Ojehomon and Jelani Morson are having an impact in bringing down high infant mortality rates in Tennessee. These two high school students work as volunteers for a program called IMPACT, which is happening through Chattanooga's Girls Incorporated, a non-profit organization that seeks to promote gender equality through education and development of leadership skills for girls.
The IMPACT group is made up of 10 students who advocate for those who may be affected by infant mortality.