Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Students Educating Students About Infant Mortality
By Monessa Guilfoil
Chattanooga, TN – T.J. Ojehomon and Jelani Morson are having an impact in bringing down high infant mortality rates in Tennessee. These two high school students work as volunteers for a program called IMPACT, which is happening through Chattanooga's Girls Incorporated, a non-profit organization that seeks to promote gender equality through education and development of leadership skills for girls.
The IMPACT group is made up of 10 students who advocate for those who may be affected by infant mortality.