Most Active Stories
- By Asking ‘Impossible Questions,’ A Traveler Creates Oral History
- Please Donate Today! Your Support Keeps WUTC On The Air.
- TEDxUTChattanooga announces slate of speakers for October 25
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Sculptor John Henry Plans 33-Acre Sculpture Garden on Chattanooga's Southside
Subway Foot-Long Sub Comes Up Short
Originally published on Fri January 18, 2013 9:11 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene with news of a fast food chain that's coming up short. Earlier this week, a customer in Australia ordered a Subway Foot-Long sub only to find it measured a mere 11 inches. He posted a photo alongside a tape measure on the company's Facebook page, sparking outrage from customers and an investigation by the New York Post. They bought seven Subway Foot-Longs in New York City and four of them measured less than 12 inches. Subway is looking into this sizable matter.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.