Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Supreme Court's Ruling On Health Care Law Looms
Originally published on Mon June 11, 2012 10:15 am
We could hear as soon as this morning how the Supreme Court rules on the most-anticipated issue of the year: the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act — better known as the health care overhaul enacted in 2010 with the support of President Obama and his fellow Democrats over the opposition of Republicans.
The decision will be released for sure before the end of the month, Supreme Court watchers say.
For those who want to get their minds ready, might we suggest:
-- Nina Totenberg's Morning Edition report on the legal history of the Commerce Clause of the Constitution.
-- The related reporting our friends on the Shots blog have done in recent years, which is collected in their "Policy-ish" tab.
-- Today's New York Times story headlined "Hospitals Aren't Waiting For Verdict On Health Care Law."
-- SCOTUSBlog's Monday round-up.
Update at 10:15 a.m. ET: No health care ruling today.