Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Survey Shows Londoners Are A Crabby Bunch
Originally published on Wed July 25, 2012 8:12 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Londoners may be crabbing about tourists and traffic of Olympic proportions, but they were already the most stressed out bunch in the country. That's according to a new government survey on life satisfaction. Statistically the most joyful Brit would be a married professional, healthy, 65 and residing in the Scottish Isles, prompting one unhappy opposition leader to call the survey, quote, "a waste of taxpayer money on the bleeding obvious." It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.