Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Take Five: A Literary Discussion on Five Books Features Appalachian Literature
The English Department of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga welcomes community involvement in the Take Five Literary Series beginning January 7th and continuing through April 1st at the University Center from 6:00 to 7:30 pm.
The Take Five series features Appalachian Literature through the discussion of five different books.
January 7 - Dr. Verbie Prevost will discuss Wendell Berry's Hannah Coulter.
February 4 - Dr. Greg O'Dea will discuss Ron Rash's Serena.
February 18 - Dr. Aaron Shaheen will discuss Fred Chappell's Brighten the Corner.
March 4 - Dr. Cliff Cleaveland will discuss D'J Pancake's The Stories of Breece D'J Pancake.
April 1 - Dr. Linda Frost will discuss Suzanne Collins's The Hunger Games.
Each event is free and open to the public with light refreshments provided by the English Department. The Take Five Literary Series is sponsored by the English Department at UTC, the Connor Professorship of American Literature, The Brock Scholars Program, and the Connor Society.