Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
Target Apologizes For Poor Choice Of Words
Originally published on Mon April 8, 2013 10:09 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Target has apologized for a poor choice of words. Susan Clemens was looking at a grey dress on the company's Web site, when she noticed how the color described. Regular sizes were Dark Heather Gray. Plus sizes, in the exact color, became Manatee Gray. Manatees are walrus-like animals. They're also known as sea cows. Clemens tweeted her disgust and it went viral. The company says from now on they're just going to go with gray.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.