Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Signal Mountain Playhouse Presents 'The King and I' Throughout July
Target Apologizes For Poor Choice Of Words
Originally published on Mon April 8, 2013 10:09 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Target has apologized for a poor choice of words. Susan Clemens was looking at a gray dress on the company's website, when she noticed how the color was described. Regular sizes were dark heather gray. Plus sizes - in the exact, same color - became manatee gray.
Manatees are walrus-like animals. They're also known as sea cows. Clemens tweeted her disgust, and it went viral. The company says from now on, they're just going to go with gray.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.