Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Teddy Wayne Invents 'Jonny Valentine,' A Tween Idol For Adults
Teddy Wayne's novel The Love Song Of Jonny Valentine is a deft mix of pop-culture criticism and slick literary craft. Jonny, the protagonist/narrator, is a tween singer similar to Justin Bieber, and he's savvy enough to understand he exists solely as a marketing tool. Only eleven years old, his star is already fading. The novel is meant for adults—it’s a scathing satire of the music industry's hype machine. Critics are praising it.
Teddy Wayne spoke with WUTC in advance of his visit to Chattanooga for the Meacham Writers’ Workshop, which starts Wednesday, March 20th.