Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- Filmmaker Daniel Griffith Celebrates Mystery Science Theater 3000 in New Documentary
- Why Some East Tennesseans Drink Raw Milk
Teddy Wayne Invents 'Jonny Valentine,' A Tween Idol For Adults
Teddy Wayne's novel The Love Song Of Jonny Valentine is a deft mix of pop-culture criticism and slick literary craft. Jonny, the protagonist/narrator, is a tween singer similar to Justin Bieber, and he's savvy enough to understand he exists solely as a marketing tool. Only eleven years old, his star is already fading. The novel is meant for adults—it’s a scathing satire of the music industry's hype machine. Critics are praising it.
Teddy Wayne spoke with WUTC in advance of his visit to Chattanooga for the Meacham Writers’ Workshop, which starts Wednesday, March 20th.