Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Tennessee Elk Hunt Auctioned on Ebay
Since 2009, the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency has been using a lottery system to pick five hunters to hunt elk in the state. Another permit to hunt elk in Tennessee is given to the highest bidder.
In 2000, the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency introduced 50 into the state. This made it the first time in over 100 years that the animal roamed in Tennessee. Approximately 400 elk now populate the Cumberland Mountains of East Tennessee.