Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
Tennessee River Gorge Trust To Study Climate Change
Rick Huffines, Executive Director of the Tennessee River Gorge Trust, and Sarah Quattrochi, Outreach and Development Director, join WUTC's Michael Edward Miller to discuss several ways the TRGT is supporting ecological preservation in the river gorge, including a climate change vulnerability assessment of the natural communities within the gorge. A Lyndhurst Foundation grant is making the climate change assessment possible. In this segment, Huffines and Quattrochi also discuss the TRGT’s annual fundraiser, which is coming up June 5th.
From a media release:
Join the Tennessee River Gorge Trust on Thursday, June 5 at the Tennessee RiverPlace for "Not JUST Another Gorgeous Evening." It's more than a great party! By attending, you will be supporting local, boots-on-the-ground conservation work.
Wondering why the Trust is important? Watch this two minute video to find out!