Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Tennessee’s Much-Maligned Statutory Rape Law Under Scrutiny
In Tennessee, when a teenager is the victim of statutory rape, the law could consider the teenager an accomplice in the crime. Some people are outraged over this law, which dates back to 1895. In this segment, WUTC explains what the law really means and why it's been on the books so long.