Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
- The Civil Air Patrol Places Wreaths at Chattanooga National Cemetery
- Hunter Museum Features Holiday Tree Tradition + NY Times Photo Exhibit
Tennessee’s Much-Maligned Statutory Rape Law Under Scrutiny
In Tennessee, when a teenager is the victim of statutory rape, the law could consider the teenager an accomplice in the crime. Some people are outraged over this law, which dates back to 1895. In this segment, WUTC explains what the law really means and why it's been on the books so long.