Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network Offering Training Seminar 3/6
There is no typical suicide victim. No age group, ethnicity or background is immune. But some troubled individuals display behaviors, either deliberately or inadvertently, that signal their suicide intent, and help is available. The Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network is offering a suicide prevention training seminar for mental health and substance abuse workers on Thursday, March 6th, and the seminar is open to the general public.
WUTC's Mark Colbert speaks with Tricia Henderson of UTC’s Counseling Center about the event.