Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Texting, Video Games Before Bed Could Be Ruining Your Sleep
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – The little gadgets that make our lives easier during the daytime could have a negative impact on our sleep patterns at night. The National Sleep Foundation recently conducted a nationwide survey called "Sleepy Connected Americans," which revealed that when we play video games, send text messages or use iPods shortly before bedtime, the activities could affect our brains to the point that it keeps us awake.
I talked to Dr. Anuj Chandra about exactly what the survey says and what we can do about it.