Most Active Stories
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Texting, Video Games Before Bed Could Be Ruining Your Sleep
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – The little gadgets that make our lives easier during the daytime could have a negative impact on our sleep patterns at night. The National Sleep Foundation recently conducted a nationwide survey called "Sleepy Connected Americans," which revealed that when we play video games, send text messages or use iPods shortly before bedtime, the activities could affect our brains to the point that it keeps us awake.
I talked to Dr. Anuj Chandra about exactly what the survey says and what we can do about it.