Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
Texting, Video Games Before Bed Could Be Ruining Your Sleep
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – The little gadgets that make our lives easier during the daytime could have a negative impact on our sleep patterns at night. The National Sleep Foundation recently conducted a nationwide survey called "Sleepy Connected Americans," which revealed that when we play video games, send text messages or use iPods shortly before bedtime, the activities could affect our brains to the point that it keeps us awake.
I talked to Dr. Anuj Chandra about exactly what the survey says and what we can do about it.