Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Texting, Video Games Before Bed Could Be Ruining Your Sleep
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – The little gadgets that make our lives easier during the daytime could have a negative impact on our sleep patterns at night. The National Sleep Foundation recently conducted a nationwide survey called "Sleepy Connected Americans," which revealed that when we play video games, send text messages or use iPods shortly before bedtime, the activities could affect our brains to the point that it keeps us awake.
I talked to Dr. Anuj Chandra about exactly what the survey says and what we can do about it.