Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
Is There Any Meaning In Poet Seamus Heaney's Last Text?
Commentator Andrei Codrescu reflects on the text message written by poet Seamus Heaney just before he died. In Latin he wrote to his wife "do not be afraid." The 74-year-old Heaney died in a Dublin hospital last week. Codrescu says no great meaning should be implied — it was just a personal message to his wife.