Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Shoes That Look New
They Call Me Dr. Shine
At Kenton Shoe Shop on Broad Street, shoes are repaired in the back of the store. But up front in the window, Arthur Ballanger puts on the final touches – he scrubs and polishes the repaired shoes. And he works on other shoes that just need a good clean. He says, no matter how dirty a pair of shoes looks, he'll never turn them down.