Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Hillary Clinton Releases 8 Years Of Tax Returns
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- First Chattanooga Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
Best New Read
'They love their children, they just love art more': The Family Fang & Kevin Wilson
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – Kevin Wilson's debut novel, The Family Fang, is one of the funniest books published this year. NPR says it's "a minty-fresh delight, a blast of screwball giddiness " The Wall Street Journal says the Family Fang is "inventive and hilarious." Earlier this year, it became a New York Times Best Seller, and now Nicole Kidman has bought the movie rights.
Despite all his sudden success, Wilson is still a down-to-earth, self-effacing guy. He's a Tennessee native who teaches at Sewanee and speaks with a soft Southern accent. And when he speaks, he's often as funny as the dialogue in his book. We spoke with him while he was in Chattanooga for the Meacham Writer's Workshop.