Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Hillary Clinton Releases 8 Years Of Tax Returns
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- First Chattanooga Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
'Thomas Jefferson' Running For U.S. House
Originally published on Wed July 25, 2012 10:30 am
STEVE INSKEEP HOST: Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Some residents of Kansas have the chance to send a founding father to Congress. Jack Talbert is Libertarian, running in the state's fourth district. To be precise, a man formerly name Jack Talbert is running. He legally changed his name to Thomas Jefferson, which we will call him from now on. Mr. Jefferson calls his name change a tribute to the nation's third president. It will also most likely boost his name recognition in this fall's election. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.