Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
'Thomas Jefferson' Running For U.S. House
Originally published on Wed July 25, 2012 10:30 am
STEVE INSKEEP HOST: Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Some residents of Kansas have the chance to send a founding father to Congress. Jack Talbert is Libertarian, running in the state's fourth district. To be precise, a man formerly name Jack Talbert is running. He legally changed his name to Thomas Jefferson, which we will call him from now on. Mr. Jefferson calls his name change a tribute to the nation's third president. It will also most likely boost his name recognition in this fall's election. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.