Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Tragedy into Triumph: June Scobee Rogers & the Challenger Centers
Today marks the 28th anniversary of the Challenger Disaster. It was a terrible tragedy, but June Scobee Rodgers, wife of Shuttle Commander Dick Rogers, has spent all her time since the disaster in trying to turn tragedy into triumph. The shuttle’s mission was an educational one, and she has been one of the prime movers behind the Challenger Centers across the country and in Europe and Asia that exist to further the goals of that original shuttle flight. June Scobee Rodgers will speak about those goals at the Challenger Center on the UTC Challenger Center tomorrow afternoon at 5:30. Richard Winham talked to Dr. Scobee Rodgers.