Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Tragedy into Triumph: June Scobee Rogers & the Challenger Centers
Today marks the 28th anniversary of the Challenger Disaster. It was a terrible tragedy, but June Scobee Rodgers, wife of Shuttle Commander Dick Rogers, has spent all her time since the disaster in trying to turn tragedy into triumph. The shuttle’s mission was an educational one, and she has been one of the prime movers behind the Challenger Centers across the country and in Europe and Asia that exist to further the goals of that original shuttle flight. June Scobee Rodgers will speak about those goals at the Challenger Center on the UTC Challenger Center tomorrow afternoon at 5:30. Richard Winham talked to Dr. Scobee Rodgers.