Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Tragedy into Triumph: June Scobee Rogers & the Challenger Centers
Today marks the 28th anniversary of the Challenger Disaster. It was a terrible tragedy, but June Scobee Rodgers, wife of Shuttle Commander Dick Rogers, has spent all her time since the disaster in trying to turn tragedy into triumph. The shuttle’s mission was an educational one, and she has been one of the prime movers behind the Challenger Centers across the country and in Europe and Asia that exist to further the goals of that original shuttle flight. June Scobee Rodgers will speak about those goals at the Challenger Center on the UTC Challenger Center tomorrow afternoon at 5:30. Richard Winham talked to Dr. Scobee Rodgers.