Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Train Offered For Auction Is Not A Toy
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer. Much excitement about a big bid on a New Zealand public transit train offered on an online auction. The broken-down train has close to three million miles on it. It's over 60 years old. That's significantly older than the highest bidder, who is four years old. The tech-savvy toddler's $30,000 bid has been removed, and the posting now reads: Adults only. This is not a toy. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.