Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Triple Whipple at The River Gallery
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – The Triple Whipple exhibit is showing this month at the River Gallery in downtown Chattanooga's Bluff View Art District. The Whipples are a family of artists from Winter Park, Florida, where they share studio space with more than 20 other artists. Marty and her husband George founded the studio about twenty-five years ago.
Marty Whipple creates wearable sculptures and collages. Her son John paints on very unusual surfaces, and his wife Lynn is a mixed-media artist.
Recently, I talked to Lynn, John and Marty about their work. We discussed what it's like to work together so closely and to share studio space with someone who is a spouse or a parent.