Most Active Stories
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Triple Whipple at The River Gallery
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – The Triple Whipple exhibit is showing this month at the River Gallery in downtown Chattanooga's Bluff View Art District. The Whipples are a family of artists from Winter Park, Florida, where they share studio space with more than 20 other artists. Marty and her husband George founded the studio about twenty-five years ago.
Marty Whipple creates wearable sculptures and collages. Her son John paints on very unusual surfaces, and his wife Lynn is a mixed-media artist.
Recently, I talked to Lynn, John and Marty about their work. We discussed what it's like to work together so closely and to share studio space with someone who is a spouse or a parent.