Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Hillary Clinton Releases 8 Years Of Tax Returns
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- First Chattanooga Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
Triple Whipple at The River Gallery
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – The Triple Whipple exhibit is showing this month at the River Gallery in downtown Chattanooga's Bluff View Art District. The Whipples are a family of artists from Winter Park, Florida, where they share studio space with more than 20 other artists. Marty and her husband George founded the studio about twenty-five years ago.
Marty Whipple creates wearable sculptures and collages. Her son John paints on very unusual surfaces, and his wife Lynn is a mixed-media artist.
Recently, I talked to Lynn, John and Marty about their work. We discussed what it's like to work together so closely and to share studio space with someone who is a spouse or a parent.