Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Triple Whipple at The River Gallery
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – The Triple Whipple exhibit is showing this month at the River Gallery in downtown Chattanooga's Bluff View Art District. The Whipples are a family of artists from Winter Park, Florida, where they share studio space with more than 20 other artists. Marty and her husband George founded the studio about twenty-five years ago.
Marty Whipple creates wearable sculptures and collages. Her son John paints on very unusual surfaces, and his wife Lynn is a mixed-media artist.
Recently, I talked to Lynn, John and Marty about their work. We discussed what it's like to work together so closely and to share studio space with someone who is a spouse or a parent.