Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Triple Whipple at The River Gallery
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – The Triple Whipple exhibit is showing this month at the River Gallery in downtown Chattanooga's Bluff View Art District. The Whipples are a family of artists from Winter Park, Florida, where they share studio space with more than 20 other artists. Marty and her husband George founded the studio about twenty-five years ago.
Marty Whipple creates wearable sculptures and collages. Her son John paints on very unusual surfaces, and his wife Lynn is a mixed-media artist.
Recently, I talked to Lynn, John and Marty about their work. We discussed what it's like to work together so closely and to share studio space with someone who is a spouse or a parent.