Most Active Stories
- 12/19 - 21, WEAVE's Christmas Dance Show Features Funk, Hip Hop, Ballet & More
- Mach Fuels Converts Cars, Trucks to Gas/CNG Bi-Fuel Systems
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- The Impressions Are Still Singing, Still Recording in their 80's
- The Civil Air Patrol Places Wreaths at Chattanooga National Cemetery
Turning a Parking Space Into a Park
On September 19th from 10 am to 4 pm parking in downtown Chattanooga won't be just for cars. Park(ing) Day will transform the parking spaces into small parks and interactive urban spaces.
Park(ing) Day is an annual event where artists, merchants, performers and organizations take a metered parking space in the city and turn it into a public park. This is the 7th annual Park(ing) Day event in Chattanooga. The concept began in San Francisco in 2005 with one metered parking space transformed for part of 1 day. The event has grown since then but it still remains 1 single day when communities across the globe set aside the meters and replace the parked cars with interactive spaces to bring attention to the use of urban spaces.
There will be a planning meeting at the River City Company on August 20th at 3:00 for people interested in putting together their own temporary mini park. Call 423-265-3700 for more details.