Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
TVA Prepared For Next Polar Vortex
According to NOAA the record low temperature for January 7th was set this year with 5 degrees. TVA met that with their record high power production on the same day at 703 gigawatts. The unusual weather pattern produced extreme demand to heat homes and businesses across the Tennessee Valley. Upgrades in the transmission system and increased production at TVA power plants helped make sure electricity was available to meet the high demands during this Polar Vortex and according to TVA representative Jim Hopson, they are also prepared for the next.