Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
TVA Prepared For Next Polar Vortex
According to NOAA the record low temperature for January 7th was set this year with 5 degrees. TVA met that with their record high power production on the same day at 703 gigawatts. The unusual weather pattern produced extreme demand to heat homes and businesses across the Tennessee Valley. Upgrades in the transmission system and increased production at TVA power plants helped make sure electricity was available to meet the high demands during this Polar Vortex and according to TVA representative Jim Hopson, they are also prepared for the next.