Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Around the Nation
Ugly Mugly Crowned World's Ugliest Dog
Originally published on Mon June 25, 2012 1:37 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Here's a contest we keep up on - the World's Ugliest Dog. And chosen this past weekend in California, the appropriately named Mugly, whose mug was deemed uglier than 28 other competitors. He's a Chinese crested with that breed's crooked snout and also stringy, white whiskers. Mugly was already the U.K.'s ugliest. His prize - a year's supply of cookies and a VIP hotel stay. Missing from the prize package - grooming accessories. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.