Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Around the Nation
Ugly Mugly Crowned World's Ugliest Dog
Originally published on Mon June 25, 2012 1:37 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Here's a contest we keep up on - the World's Ugliest Dog. And chosen this past weekend in California, the appropriately named Mugly, whose mug was deemed uglier than 28 other competitors. He's a Chinese crested with that breed's crooked snout and also stringy, white whiskers. Mugly was already the U.K.'s ugliest. His prize - a year's supply of cookies and a VIP hotel stay. Missing from the prize package - grooming accessories. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.