Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
The UNFoundation Funds ‘Cool Ideas’ (Like This Musical Quilt)
Since its start in 2011, the UNFoundation has awarded 23 micro-grants to various people and projects in Chattanooga, such as a ukulele camp at the Folk School, a cookbook that features native plant recipes and a quilt that plays music. Their slogan is, “We Fund Cool Ideas In Chattanooga!”
Funded by trustees who contribute $100 per month, the UNFoundation awards up to $1500 each month to a carefully-chosen project that aims to make Chattanooga a better place. Potential grant recipients apply online.