Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
The UNFoundation Funds ‘Cool Ideas’ (Like This Musical Quilt)
Since its start in 2011, the UNFoundation has awarded 23 micro-grants to various people and projects in Chattanooga, such as a ukulele camp at the Folk School, a cookbook that features native plant recipes and a quilt that plays music. Their slogan is, “We Fund Cool Ideas In Chattanooga!”
Funded by trustees who contribute $100 per month, the UNFoundation awards up to $1500 each month to a carefully-chosen project that aims to make Chattanooga a better place. Potential grant recipients apply online.