Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
The UNFoundation Funds ‘Cool Ideas’ (Like This Musical Quilt)
Since its start in 2011, the UNFoundation has awarded 23 micro-grants to various people and projects in Chattanooga, such as a ukulele camp at the Folk School, a cookbook that features native plant recipes and a quilt that plays music. Their slogan is, “We Fund Cool Ideas In Chattanooga!”
Funded by trustees who contribute $100 per month, the UNFoundation awards up to $1500 each month to a carefully-chosen project that aims to make Chattanooga a better place. Potential grant recipients apply online.