Most Active Stories
- 12/19 - 21, WEAVE's Christmas Dance Show Features Funk, Hip Hop, Ballet & More
- Mach Fuels Converts Cars, Trucks to Gas/CNG Bi-Fuel Systems
- LAUNCH Chattanooga Awards Prize Package to High School Students
- The Impressions Are Still Singing, Still Recording in their 80's
- Second and Third Hand Smoke is Dangerous
Live Music & More
UTC Patten Performances Series Set for Banner Year
Having produced the Patten Performances series at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga for six years now, Bob Boyer is confident he has the series back on track. When he took over ticket sales were lackluster and the series was moribund. For the first three years he booked sure-fire acts, and slowly began re-building the audience for the heritage fine arts program.
Most seasons are divided more or less evenly between music, theater, and dance, but this year there's a lot more music. In addition to the three headlining acts -- The Blind Boys of Alabama, the classical quintet Sybarite 5, and vibraphonist Stefon Harris and his band, Blackout -- Boyer has added two shows featuring young singer-songwriters Katie Trotta and Lon Eldridge. Called Patten Unplugged, it's Bob Boyer's first steps toward further broadening the music in the series beyond jazz and classical music.
Details on the performers, showtimes and tickets are on the Fine Arts Center website: www.utc.edu/fine-arts-center.