Most Active Stories
- Troubled Waters Ahead for Ocoee’s Rafting Industry?
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- U.S. Defense Secretary: Militarization of South China Sea Is Unacceptable
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
Arts & Culture
UTC Presents Joplin's Lost Opera
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga's 125th Anniversary Celebration continues with a turn of the 20th Century, American opera called, "Treemonisha," by Scott Joplin.
Music director Dr. Roland Carter, the Chattanooga Choral Society for the Preservation of African American Song and UTC Department of Theatre re-create this 1910 opera with full orchestra. "Treemonisha" runs in the Roland Hayes Concert Hall this weekend, January 27-29th. Monessa Guilfoil spoke with several people involved in this production.