Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
Arts & Culture
UTC Presents Joplin's Lost Opera
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga's 125th Anniversary Celebration continues with a turn of the 20th Century, American opera called, "Treemonisha," by Scott Joplin.
Music director Dr. Roland Carter, the Chattanooga Choral Society for the Preservation of African American Song and UTC Department of Theatre re-create this 1910 opera with full orchestra. "Treemonisha" runs in the Roland Hayes Concert Hall this weekend, January 27-29th. Monessa Guilfoil spoke with several people involved in this production.