Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
UTC Strategic Plan Nears Mid-Point
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – The five year strategic plan for the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is nearing its mid-point and many of the goals have been accomplished. The four main directives of the strategic plan include teaching and learning, education and research, diversity, and enabling partnerships.
Working through more than 30 different committees, the staff and faculty of the University work with students and citizens in the community to address a multitude of goals tied to the main directives. Some of these goals are already working well with established programs at UTC while others may require more time to define and develop working strategies. The report for the second year of the strategic plan will be posted on the web later this summer.