Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
UTC Strategic Plan Nears Mid-Point
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – The five year strategic plan for the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is nearing its mid-point and many of the goals have been accomplished. The four main directives of the strategic plan include teaching and learning, education and research, diversity, and enabling partnerships.
Working through more than 30 different committees, the staff and faculty of the University work with students and citizens in the community to address a multitude of goals tied to the main directives. Some of these goals are already working well with established programs at UTC while others may require more time to define and develop working strategies. The report for the second year of the strategic plan will be posted on the web later this summer.