Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
- Solar Eclipse Wows Parts Of Europe, Middle East And Russia
- Monday, March 23’s Giveaway: HD Radios
- TN Valley Wild Ones: Planting Milkweed to Save Monarchs
Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
Velo Coffee Roasters has been on Chattanooga's Main Street for almost five years, selling coffee by the cup and delivering bags of beans by bike to businesses across the city. Their original business plan was for slow but steady growth, but now they’re ready to take a big step forward. The coffee roaster they’ve been using is too small and they’d like to replace it. The cost of a bigger machine runs into tens of thousands of dollars, so they’ve started a Kickstarter campaign to raise some of the money. WUTC's Richard Winham speaks with Velo’s Andrew Gage, who assures him they’re not looking for a handout.