Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Listening to the Lake Sturgeon in the Tennessee River
Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
Velo Coffee Roasters has been on Chattanooga's Main Street for almost five years, selling coffee by the cup and delivering bags of beans by bike to businesses across the city. Their original business plan was for slow but steady growth, but now they’re ready to take a big step forward. The coffee roaster they’ve been using is too small and they’d like to replace it. The cost of a bigger machine runs into tens of thousands of dollars, so they’ve started a Kickstarter campaign to raise some of the money. WUTC's Richard Winham speaks with Velo’s Andrew Gage, who assures him they’re not looking for a handout.