Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
Video Clip Of London 2012 Opening Ceremonies Is Released
Originally published on Thu July 26, 2012 3:13 pm
The London Olympics organizers have done a pretty good job keeping Friday's Opening Ceremony under wraps. Now, at last, they're giving us a glimpse. They've released a 30-second clip from a dress rehearsal that suggests that it will be an extraordinary spectacle, as one would expect from director Danny Boyle (he of Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionaire fame).
The footage shows kids in pj's bouncing on giant beds, and an array of dancers in lavish costumes. The most mystifying — and gripping — image is a mass of helmeted cyclists wearing giant silvery-blue flapping wings, pedaling around in two huge circles.