Most Active Stories
- Coleman Barks, Interpreter of Sufi Poet Rumi, Is Coming (Back) To Chattanooga
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
Video Clip Of London 2012 Opening Ceremonies Is Released
Originally published on Thu July 26, 2012 3:13 pm
The London Olympics organizers have done a pretty good job keeping Friday's Opening Ceremony under wraps. Now, at last, they're giving us a glimpse. They've released a 30-second clip from a dress rehearsal that suggests that it will be an extraordinary spectacle, as one would expect from director Danny Boyle (he of Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionaire fame).
The footage shows kids in pj's bouncing on giant beds, and an array of dancers in lavish costumes. The most mystifying — and gripping — image is a mass of helmeted cyclists wearing giant silvery-blue flapping wings, pedaling around in two huge circles.