Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Tennessee State Rep. Eric Watson, Others Discuss Pros And Cons Of Arming Teachers
Arts & Culture
Villa Aviana: A Birdhouse Big Enough For Humans
Rock City-themed birdhouses are seen all over the Southeast--they're almost as ubiquitous as "See Rock City" barns. Now Rock City has a giant one.
In this interview, Jack Denton discusses Villa Aviana, the latest art installation at Rock City Gardens. This whimsical human-sized bird house is carved from aluminum and uses negative space to create walls and a roof filled with detailed plant motifs. Villa Aviana can be found along the Enchanted Trail at Rock City Gardens. Visitors are encourages to step inside and smile awhile.