Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Castle Rock Climbing Site Protected By Conservation Easement
Arts & Culture
Villa Aviana: A Birdhouse Big Enough For Humans
Rock City-themed birdhouses are seen all over the Southeast--they're almost as ubiquitous as "See Rock City" barns. Now Rock City has a giant one.
In this interview, Jack Denton discusses Villa Aviana, the latest art installation at Rock City Gardens. This whimsical human-sized bird house is carved from aluminum and uses negative space to create walls and a roof filled with detailed plant motifs. Villa Aviana can be found along the Enchanted Trail at Rock City Gardens. Visitors are encourages to step inside and smile awhile.