Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Arts & Culture
Villa Aviana: A Birdhouse Big Enough For Humans
Rock City-themed birdhouses are seen all over the Southeast--they're almost as ubiquitous as "See Rock City" barns. Now Rock City has a giant one.
In this interview, Jack Denton discusses Villa Aviana, the latest art installation at Rock City Gardens. This whimsical human-sized bird house is carved from aluminum and uses negative space to create walls and a roof filled with detailed plant motifs. Villa Aviana can be found along the Enchanted Trail at Rock City Gardens. Visitors are encourages to step inside and smile awhile.