Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Arts & Culture
Villa Aviana: A Birdhouse Big Enough For Humans
Rock City-themed birdhouses are seen all over the Southeast--they're almost as ubiquitous as "See Rock City" barns. Now Rock City has a giant one.
In this interview, Jack Denton discusses Villa Aviana, the latest art installation at Rock City Gardens. This whimsical human-sized bird house is carved from aluminum and uses negative space to create walls and a roof filled with detailed plant motifs. Villa Aviana can be found along the Enchanted Trail at Rock City Gardens. Visitors are encourages to step inside and smile awhile.