Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- So Lit Book Club discusses 'Bringing It to the Table' by Wendell Berry
Arts & Culture
Villa Aviana: A Birdhouse Big Enough For Humans
Rock City-themed birdhouses are seen all over the Southeast--they're almost as ubiquitous as "See Rock City" barns. Now Rock City has a giant one.
In this interview, Jack Denton discusses Villa Aviana, the latest art installation at Rock City Gardens. This whimsical human-sized bird house is carved from aluminum and uses negative space to create walls and a roof filled with detailed plant motifs. Villa Aviana can be found along the Enchanted Trail at Rock City Gardens. Visitors are encourages to step inside and smile awhile.