Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
A visit from a Sister City
Visitors from Chattanooga's first sister city, Hamm Germany, traveled to the Scenic City to celebrate 35 years of friendship.
The sister city concept was proposed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956 to promote citizen involvement in cultural and educational exchange. A better understanding of the culture in distant countries encourages peace and friendship. Chattanooga Tennessee participates in visitation and cultural exchange between each of her 6 sister cities. The Sister City Association in Chattanooga kept our German guests busy during their visit with tours and receptions celebrating the relationship between our cities.