Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
A visit from a Sister City
Visitors from Chattanooga's first sister city, Hamm Germany, traveled to the Scenic City to celebrate 35 years of friendship.
The sister city concept was proposed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956 to promote citizen involvement in cultural and educational exchange. A better understanding of the culture in distant countries encourages peace and friendship. Chattanooga Tennessee participates in visitation and cultural exchange between each of her 6 sister cities. The Sister City Association in Chattanooga kept our German guests busy during their visit with tours and receptions celebrating the relationship between our cities.