Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
A visit from a Sister City
Visitors from Chattanooga's first sister city, Hamm Germany, traveled to the Scenic City to celebrate 35 years of friendship.
The sister city concept was proposed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956 to promote citizen involvement in cultural and educational exchange. A better understanding of the culture in distant countries encourages peace and friendship. Chattanooga Tennessee participates in visitation and cultural exchange between each of her 6 sister cities. The Sister City Association in Chattanooga kept our German guests busy during their visit with tours and receptions celebrating the relationship between our cities.