Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
A visit from a Sister City
Visitors from Chattanooga's first sister city, Hamm Germany, traveled to the Scenic City to celebrate 35 years of friendship.
The sister city concept was proposed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956 to promote citizen involvement in cultural and educational exchange. A better understanding of the culture in distant countries encourages peace and friendship. Chattanooga Tennessee participates in visitation and cultural exchange between each of her 6 sister cities. The Sister City Association in Chattanooga kept our German guests busy during their visit with tours and receptions celebrating the relationship between our cities.