Most Active Stories
- Coleman Barks, Interpreter of Sufi Poet Rumi, Is Coming (Back) To Chattanooga
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
A visit from a Sister City
Visitors from Chattanooga's first sister city, Hamm Germany, traveled to the Scenic City to celebrate 35 years of friendship.
The sister city concept was proposed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956 to promote citizen involvement in cultural and educational exchange. A better understanding of the culture in distant countries encourages peace and friendship. Chattanooga Tennessee participates in visitation and cultural exchange between each of her 6 sister cities. The Sister City Association in Chattanooga kept our German guests busy during their visit with tours and receptions celebrating the relationship between our cities.