Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Volkswagen Recalls 150,000+ Passats from Chattanooga Plant
The recall affects 2012 and 2013 Passat vehicles made in Chattanooga, and more than 150,000 of the vehicles are involved. In a statement on its Web site, Volkswagen says low-beam headlights on the cars could stop working if the hood is closed roughly or dropped from a certain height, which could cause reduced visibility of the vehicle. Volkswagen says, if that happens, a warning in the instrument cluster will immediately alert the driver. VW has notified the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and plans to notify all owners of Passat vehicles involved in the recall.
Dealers will install a new bulb fitting at no cost to vehicle owners.
The recall is voluntary, and Volkswagen says no crashes or injuries have been reported in regard to the headlight issue.