Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Castle Rock Climbing Site Protected By Conservation Easement
WATCH: Israel's New Low-Cost Airline Has Catchy Safety Video
Originally published on Tue April 15, 2014 2:55 pm
El Al, Israel's national airline, wants you to get down when you fly UP, its budget carrier that took to the skies just two weeks ago. UP has joined the list of airlines doing away with the boring safety video in favor of something more lively and, at least in this case, delightfully cheesy.
The website FlightClub says:
"The video is sort of a cross between a Ricky Martin video, mixed with Devo's 'Whip It' and heaping spoonful of Robert Palmer's 'Simply [Irresistible].' It's a bit scatterbrained, but certainly entertaining and will be sure to hold [passengers'] attention. There's also a Hebrew version, which actually sounds a lot smoother than the English translation."