Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
WATCH: Israel's New Low-Cost Airline Has Catchy Safety Video
Originally published on Tue April 15, 2014 2:55 pm
El Al, Israel's national airline, wants you to get down when you fly UP, its budget carrier that took to the skies just two weeks ago. UP has joined the list of airlines doing away with the boring safety video in favor of something more lively and, at least in this case, delightfully cheesy.
The website FlightClub says:
"The video is sort of a cross between a Ricky Martin video, mixed with Devo's 'Whip It' and heaping spoonful of Robert Palmer's 'Simply [Irresistible].' It's a bit scatterbrained, but certainly entertaining and will be sure to hold [passengers'] attention. There's also a Hebrew version, which actually sounds a lot smoother than the English translation."