Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Around the Nation
Wealthy Koch Brother Builds Old West Town
Originally published on Wed August 22, 2012 9:01 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Energy company founder Bill Koch went back in time, the billionaire built an entire town in the Old West. The Denver Post says Koch built 50 buildings, including a jail, train station and, of course, a saloon. It's for his private use and also a home for his collection of western memorabilia. His two brothers famously spend on political causes. Bill Koch also spends on campaigns, but rather than just trying to change the world, he built his own. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.