Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Around the Nation
Wealthy Koch Brother Builds Old West Town
Originally published on Wed August 22, 2012 9:01 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Energy company founder Bill Koch went back in time, the billionaire built an entire town in the Old West. The Denver Post says Koch built 50 buildings, including a jail, train station and, of course, a saloon. It's for his private use and also a home for his collection of western memorabilia. His two brothers famously spend on political causes. Bill Koch also spends on campaigns, but rather than just trying to change the world, he built his own. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.