Most Active Stories
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- We're Off To See Appalachia: The Crooked Road Links Rural Music Communities
- Fat Shirley's: A Trailer Park Opera at the MACC
Married by Captain
Wedding on the Water
The Tennessee River may not be where you would expect to be married on a boat but the captains on the Tennessee Aquarium's River Gorge Explorer are fully licensed to perform weddings.
The Valentine Sunset Cruise seems like the perfect opportunity to tie the knot or maybe pop the question to the love of your life. This year the annual Valentine Sunset Cruise will be held on February 16th from 3:00 to 6:00 PM. One young couple plan to be wed on this cruise with Captain Pete Hosemann performing the ceremony as the River Gorge Explorer winds through the Grand Canyon of Tennessee. Not everyone on the cruise will be in the wedding party. Couples and families alike will learn about the love lives of the animals that can be seen along the Tennessee River. The theme song for the Valentine Sunset Cruise is "Muskrat Love" with staff and guests joining together in song for a romantic and fun sunset cruise.