Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Well, Morgan Freeman Did Play Nelson Mandela In A Movie
Originally published on Fri December 20, 2013 1:04 pm
Among the memorials to Nelson Mandela put up across India is a billboard in Tamil Nadu that features a photo of actor Morgan Freeman, not the iconic anti-apartheid hero from South Africa who died earlier this month.
The businessman who paid for the sign says it will be replaced with one that has the right image.
Perhaps the billboard's designer got confused because Freeman portrayed Mandela in the 2009 movie Invictus.
As you might expect, a photo of the botched billboard has been whipping around Twitter.
Freeman has inadvertently been part of such a mix-up before. At President Obama's inauguration back in January, ABC News' George Stephanopoulos got famously confused. He thought basketball great Bill Russell was the actor.