Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
'We've Had Enough Bushes,' Says Former First Lady Barbara
Originally published on Thu April 25, 2013 10:48 am
On the day her son George's presidential library is being dedicated in Dallas, former first lady Barbara Bush has told NBC's Today show that "we've had enough Bushes" when it comes to seeing the presidency.
She was asked about the possibility of another son, former GOP Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, running for the White House, in 2016.
Today adds that:
"She still called her son [Jeb] 'by far the best-qualified man,' but went on to say she thought there were many worthy candidates."