Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
What Cellphone Brand Does North Korean Leader Use?
Originally published on Thu February 7, 2013 3:07 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with a case of product placement. Corporations pay millions to have their products turn up in the hands of famous people but somehow, they were not thrilled when a photo showed a smartphone on a table next to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. This set off fevered speculation about which brand it was.
South Korean phone maker Samsung was eager not to take credit, insisting it's not a Samsung phone. They said maybe it came from a rival firm in Taiwan. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.