Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
What's the Connection Between Race & Pot Busts?
The ACLU released a study recently, The War On Marijuana In Black And White, which says there’s a disparity in who gets arrested for marijuana—black people are far more likely to be arrested for possessing pot than white people are. However, the study indicates that blacks and whites use marijuana at comparable rates.
In this news feature, WUTC's Michael Edward Miller examines why the disparity might exist. He speaks with one of the study's authors, as well as several criminal justice experts, and Congressman Steve Cohen, who introduced a bill earlier this year to create a National Commission on Federal Marijuana Policy.