Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga to Perform 'Requiem for the Living'
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
Why Are Fair-Trade Clothes So Hard to Find in Chattanooga?
Last year, after a garment factory in Bangladesh collapsed, many Americans started thinking about where their clothes are made. Major clothing manufacturers often use the cheapest labor they can find, and some workers in third-world countries toil in sweatshop conditions.
Suppose you wanted to fill your closet with items created by workers who are paid fair-trade wages. Where would you buy them?
As WUTC's Virginia Daniels discovers, few options exist in the Scenic City.