Most Active Stories
- 12/19 - 21, WEAVE's Christmas Dance Show Features Funk, Hip Hop, Ballet & More
- Mach Fuels Converts Cars, Trucks to Gas/CNG Bi-Fuel Systems
- LAUNCH Chattanooga Awards Prize Package to High School Students
- The Impressions Are Still Singing, Still Recording in their 80's
- Second and Third Hand Smoke is Dangerous
Why Are Fair-Trade Clothes So Hard to Find in Chattanooga?
Last year, after a garment factory in Bangladesh collapsed, many Americans started thinking about where their clothes are made. Major clothing manufacturers often use the cheapest labor they can find, and some workers in third-world countries toil in sweatshop conditions.
Suppose you wanted to fill your closet with items created by workers who are paid fair-trade wages. Where would you buy them?
As WUTC's Virginia Daniels discovers, few options exist in the Scenic City.