Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
Why Jack Skowronnek is Bald
This is the 4th year for Jack's Chattanoggins, a special event to raise funds for pediatric cancer with a twist. People shave their heads to raise funds and also show solidarity for children who have lost their hair due to cancer treatments. Jack Skowronnek was 10 years old the first time he shaved his head for children's cancer. Each year the event grows larger and more people shave their heads to support a good cause. Jack's Chattanoggins takes place at the Chattanooga Market June 10th.