Most Active Stories
- School Stabbing Suspect Was 'Nice Young Boy,' Attorney Says
- ‘We Are a Country of Cults’: A Conversation with Jonestown Survivor Laura Kohl
- Stereotypes Of Appalachia Obscure A Diverse Picture
- A Look at 'A Life,' as Chattanooga's First Major Film Festival Begins
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
Wisconsin Court Decides Who Gets The Cat
Originally published on Fri February 10, 2012 8:02 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with a bitter dispute over custody of the kid. Not actually the kid, though. Roger Kueffer has disagreed with his former girlfriend Julee Lawler since they broke up. They have fought since 2008 over custody of a cat. A Wisconsin judge ruled it's his. That she gave it as a gift. But as any cat lover knows, one court is not enough. A higher court has now rejected her appeal. We did not know if the Supreme Court will eventually get a shot at this. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.