Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
The Woes Of The World Cup Fans Far From Home
Originally published on Wed June 11, 2014 6:24 pm
It isn't easy being a World Cup fan in a country where spouses and bosses just don't understand soccer. WNYC's Jim O'Grady reports that some immigrants with World Cup fever in the U.S. must go to great lengths to catch their home country's games on TV.