Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- Chris Dortch Previews the Chattanooga Film Festival
- Thursday, March 19’s Giveaway: a GoPro HERO Cam
Everything Is Stories
WUTC DJ Details Experience As Soundman On Network Show Cops In New Podcast
Everything Is Stories is a new podcast launched earlier this year. It is described as "an audio survey of individuals who have experienced transcendence and/or power of the will."
The first episode of Everything Is Stories is called "Burden of Proof" and features a story from WUTC DJ Tommy Cotter.
In 2001, Cotter worked as a soundman for the network television show COPS. For one year, he captured sound of several forms of crime in Chattanooga and Fort Worth, Texas. Ten years after leaving the job, Cotter reveals to Everything Is Stories how the experience transformed him.
This story was produced by Garrett Crowe, Mike Martinez, and Tyler Wray.
For more information on Everything is Stories (and to hear another story featuring a crime scene specialist), visit EISradio.org. Follow the podcast on Twitter and Facebook. You can also subscribe to Everything Is Stories on Itunes.