Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
Jennifer is a reporter with Michigan Radio's State of Opportunity project, which looks at kids from low-income families and what it takes to get them ahead. Prior to joining State of Opportunity, she was the station's arts and culture reporter, and the local host for Weekend Edition. She got her start in radio as a producer at WFUV, an NPR station in New York.
Her stories have won numerous awards, including a national Edward R. Murrow Award for her series on NYC’s subway system. She was named Young Journalist of the Year by the Detroit chapter of Society of Professional Journalists in 2007.