Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
7 Ton Mango Vanishes From Popular Roadside Attraction
Originally published on Tue February 25, 2014 8:06 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Tourists visiting Bowen, Australia, got a bit of a shock yesterday when it was discovered that one of the town's famous giant fruits had mysteriously disappeared. The seven ton mango is so popular as a roadside attraction that the theft was national news in Australia -- just what one food chain was looking for when it snatched the fruit as a publicity stunt. This morning the mango is back and Aussie's famed Big Apple, Big Orange and Big Pineapple can relax. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.