Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Tennessee State Rep. Eric Watson, Others Discuss Pros And Cons Of Arming Teachers
Amazon Announces 5,000+ New Jobs
Amazon officials announced today that the company is creating more than 5,000 new jobs in its fulfillment centers across the U.S., including positions in its Chattanooga center. The jobs will include picking, packing and shipping customer orders, and will offer benefits and stock awards, according to a media release.
“We’re hiring for approximately a dozen management and IT positions here in Chattanooga, as well as converting dozens of seasonal employees into full-time roles every month,” Amazon representative Ty Rogers said in an e-mail. “We’ve converted hundreds of seasonal employees into full-time roles so far this year.”
Last week, President Obama announced he will visit the Amazon fulfillment center in Chattanooga to promote proposals for creating new middle-class jobs. He will speak in Chattanooga on Tuesday, June 30th.
Fulfillment network jobs are currently available in:
· Chattanooga, Tenn.
· Murfreesboro, Tenn.
· Charleston, S.C.
· Spartanburg, S.C.
· Hebron, Ky.
· Chester, Va.
· Coppell, Texas
· Haslet, Texas
· Indianapolis, Ind.
· Jeffersonville, Ind.
· Breinigsville, Pa.
· Middletown, Del.
· Patterson, Calif.
· Phoenix, Ariz.
· San Antonio, Texas
· San Bernardino, Calif.
· Tracy, Calif.
According to the media release, Amazon is also currently hiring for more than 2,000 jobs across its customer service network, which include a mix of full-time, part-time and seasonal positions.